1.26.2010

.New Recipe!.


This little number is a must try and absolutely healthy, healthy and more healthy! Please forgive the camera strap, I am not the best photographer, but I figured you would get the picture (pun most definitely intended). Here's what you need:
1 Cup Quinoa
2 Shallots
Diced tomatoes (or roasted red peppers)
3 tbs RAW sliced almonds
A dash of olive oil
Parsley
2.5 Cups of veggie broth
Feta Cheese
Any salad mix you prefer ( I use fresh baby
spinach)
Balsamic vinaigrette
Salt, pepper to taste
Combine vegetable broth and quinoa into pan and bring to boil. Turn down heat and simmer COVERED for 10-15 min. Place quinoa mixture in the fridge for about 10 min or so to cool, combine rest of ingredients and place over salad mix. Then simply add the balsamic and voila! You have yourself a fresh, protein packed, animal free super salad! The mixture will also keep for a few days!
Other than cooking up a quinoa storm, school has started and I am off and running! I have such an intense reading schedule! One thing I am soooo excited about is my "history of the modern middle east" course. I have only attended one class, but I am already intrigued. There are so many misconceptions and misnomers regarding Islam, the Middle East and "terrorism" it's nice to finally hear, read and talk about the truth(or at least something closer to it). Other than that, Anthropology should keep me busy with zoo trips, human bone structure analysis and way too long Latin name memorization. I'm not so stoked on the zoo, to be honest monkeys have always "freaked me out". To have to go and specifically spend time with my closest non-human relative is not at all appealing; something about them just gives me goosebumps...yuck. Ever since I was little I always thought that out of all the animals in the zoo....the monkeys looked like they knew a way out. Not okay.
Alright off to read read read. Goodnight!

4 comments:

  1. Yum! I love this, and I love you!
    So happy you are excited to be back in school...you're inspiring me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love you too, Adie bug! Miss you xoxoxoxox

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really enjoy your blog =) Especially that you put a photo with each post. I also tried that recipe - Yum!
    JennG

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am glad you like it! You can also add some cucumber or any other yummy veggie you wish!
    Thanks for reading!

    ReplyDelete